Sydney Power BI Meetup – March 2020 – Business Focus and Case Study
In March we have two speakers – Roland Szirmai speaking on Benefits of implementing PBI (from a Business/User point of view) and Sandeep Mathur (Program Manager at Transport for NSW) speaking on using data to improve customer experience – a Transport for NSW Case Study.
5:30pm: Registration and Networking
5:45pm: Power BI Updates
6:00pm: Benefits of implementing PBI by Roland Szirmai
6:30pm: Using data to improve Customer Experience – A Transport for NSW Case Study by Sandeep Mathur
7:00pm: Q&A and Networking
Topic: Benefits of implementing PBI
– all about distributing Excel reports
– most of the time these Excel reports are bespoke and manual (due to ppl not familiar with Pivot tables and size limitations)
– hard to deliver a message – Excel not designed to do that
– BORING, slow, old-school
– what do we really need? important for Data structure
– what is key to the business? focus area(s)
– message to deliver? In line with global/regional/local expectations
– management buy-in to move away from manual reporting and create a company wide reporting structure
– training on PBI app
– training on being self-sufficient
– training on why we need this
– feedback –> improve
– SUPER EXCITING, fast, non-financial ppl are interested in numbers
Speaker: Roland Szirmai
Roland has an MsC in Finance, working as a Financial/Commercial Business Analyst for 9 years now. Met Power BI roughly 3 years ago, but only started properly learning it a year ago (Data Modelling, DAX, etc) and now introduced Power BI within 2 companies.
Topic: Using data to improve Customer Experience – A Transport for NSW Case Study
Speaker: Sandeep Mathur
Sandeep Mathur is a Program Manager at Transport NSW where he manages key data-analytics programs. He is also an Industry Fellow at UTS and Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. He has over 20 years of project/program/portfolio management experience in organisations such as Transport for NSW, First Data, Westpac, HSBC, Commonwealth Bank, Deutsche Bank, Societe Generale, IBM, CSC, Fujitsu and Tourism Australia. Sandeep is undertaking research at UTS in the efficient delivery of data science programs.
Meetup Sponsor: Agile Analytics is a leading Power BI consulting firm and a Microsoft Gold Partner in Data Analytics. At Agile Analytics, we consult, design and deliver end-to-end data analytics solutions using Microsoft cloud technology including Power BI.