- This event has passed.
Power BI Intro – Online Training Sydney – 15th Apr 2020
April 15 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Learn from the experts in Power BI
Our Power BI course offers you the opportunity to get hands-on training from the experts. Our trainers are interactive and draw on their experience to provide real-life scenarios that relate to the written materials.
We can solve your real-world problems during the class because we teach what we do in the field every day.
What will I learn?
This workshop is designed to accelerate your Power BI experience with a comprehensive training program in a single day. All you have to do is bring your laptop and we will supply the rest!
First, you will learn how to query, reshape and pull in data. Then organize the results into a data model with relationships and calculations (DAX). Finally, you will learn the best way to visualize your data through a variety of charts, graphs, maps and gauges that are provided.
Power BI Overview
- Intro to Power BI and the problems it’s tackling
- Using Power Query to connect, shape and clean your data
- Overview of data modelling
- Creating relationships
- Creating calculations using DAX
- Visualisation best practices
- Building actionable reports
Power BI Service (website)
- Publishing your reports to Power BI website
- Creating and customising dashboards
- Scheduling data refresh to keep data up-to-date
- Quick Insights and Natural Language Query (Q&A)
- Analyse your Power BI data in Microsoft Excel
- Optimising for mobile access
- Sharing and collaboration using Workspace and Apps
- Group project
- Tips for certification and additional resources
Want to learn even more?
You have the option to buy the latest Power Bi Exam Reference Book, written by Agile Analytics trainer and consultant Daniil Maslyuk. Add it to your cart at checkout!
What previous Trainees have said about their experience:
- “I have attended 3 courses run by this organisation and they were all excellent. I particularly liked the hands-on practical experience in the intermediate course. The advanced course was extremely interesting and helped me to better understand DAX and debug issues. I’ve gone from zero Power BI knowledge to a solid foundation, understanding and confidence in 3 months by attending these courses (and having practical experience at work). I’d thoroughly recommend their courses if you are a complete novice or looking to deepen your understanding of Power BI.” Louise H. – Stockland
- “I was concerned was that the trainer would just be reciting/presenting a straight textbook training course with no real knowledge of the material. You definitely proved to have practical and proven expertise in this space though”. – BI Manager, Retail Industry
- “I was afraid that it may fall into the standard vanilla instructor reading off notes at the front of the room for two days. It was not – Informative, engaging, relevant.” – BI Developer – NSW Government
- “The course was really good, I got a lot out of it. The trainer was great at explaining everything and answering our questions. The examples we worked through were helpful. It gave us a greater insight into the tools available in Power BI and how we can use it to suit our business needs.” – Data Analyst – Qantas
* You will need to bring your laptop with Power BI Desktop installed on it. Alternatively, you can contact us to organise a laptop for you.